Born in Colombia to Swedish diplomats, Ulf had an unusual upbringing that started in Cuba with close proximity to Fidel Castro through his father’s work and in 5 more countries. He experienced the social effects of Soviet ruled communism, military dictatorship, democracy and right wing oligarchy. Ulf was intrinsically exposed to the effects of both extreme wealth and poverty, from which he acquired a multitude of perspectives and cultural references.
Ramon Castro, Ulf, and his father Anders in Cuba
Along the way he developed a fascination for similarities and differences in human interaction. As a musician he interacted with audiences all over the world: New Orleans, Cuba, India, China, Argentina, Europe, Borneo, Korea. From stage performance (over 6,000 gigs) to hypnosis, from hypnosis to tapping, from tapping to a number of modality changing techniques. From this to post-genocide Rwanda and Congo, finding new ways to resolve symptoms of stress and trauma, in now 20 countries for more than over a 100,000 people.
Ulf and Clarence “Frogman” Henry in New Orleans
Ulf helps people who have spent up to 20 years in therapy, or used medication to treat the surface of their PTS, trauma, stress, depression, phobia, or whatever mystery condition they might have. Using his divergent expertise, Ulf will help unlock you from the root—sometimes in only 7 minutes.
Adventures and cases
- Meeting Fidel Castro through my father’s work as a diplomat and understanding the mechanics of world press, politics, and social systems has been an invaluable eye opener so systemic efficiency, leadership skills, and market communication.
- Training 6 months for the Danish merchant navy on a full rigger is an adventure in itself, and it helped me understand the homeostasis inherent in all systems where a team trims a vessel in varying weather conditions, from lack of wind to full storm.
- Working as a musician all over the world performing over 6,000 gigs, including being mentored by New Orleans legend Frogman Henry, allowed me to develop first hand knowledge of team performance, presentation skills, audience interaction and working with teams in creative flow. It also shows the flip side of fame, working away from home and making the most of tedious travel logistics. I’ve had great use handling prima donnas and divas, creating team spirit under the most challenging circumstances and always delivering the best possible result on time.
- Being a key part of developing groundbreaking stage equipment for high-tech industry leader ETC in the US with a minimal virtual development team creating a number of creative workflow models that can be applied to any team.
- Visiting and learning from the hunting/gathering Aché Indians in Brazil to understand survival and team dynamics in the most profound sense.
- Receiving Humanitarian Award for efficiently spreading tools for resolving stress & trauma in zones of post-conflict such as Rwanda and Congo, with a focus on empowering individuals to drive change.
- Working with different aspects of refugees of war and the psychological stressors involved, developing applications and materials for self-regulation leading to an unparalleled experience of best possible recovery rates.
- Setting up a specific program for brief and efficient psychological interventions for the Institute of Complementary Medicine in India due to socioeconomic challenges, that can be reintroduced in any corporate environment to maintain intellectual capital.
- Interacting with hundreds of medical PhD students over half a decade at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm teaching advanced presentation skills to help them communicate their results as efficiently as possible combining structured rhetorics with non-verbal communication and meta-skills for handling the dynamics of an expert audience.
- Collaborating with the design firm Your Majesty in New York and Los Angeles to develop an online tool for refugees of the ongoing war in Syria to alleviate symptoms of stress & trauma: selfhelpfortrauma.org
Ulf during his time with the Aché Indians in Brazil
- Being presented with a large number of extreme conditions and situations has allowed me to thrive in the art of quickly assessing and addressing the most efficient interventions for a team and for you as an individual.
- I am fascinated with how our personal beliefs and our autonomous nervous system can build a wall of good intentions between us and our potential. This has driven me to discover a number of basic patterns that can be addressed and resolved.
- Every life experience is unique. My background has graced me with some unparalleled life experiences that allow me to help you think differently.
Education and training
- Havening Techniques trainer - 2015 (Healing the Mind)
- Trauma Tapping Technique trainer - 2010 (Peaceful Heart Network)
- Hypnobirthing trainer - 2011 (The Hypnobirthing Center)
- NLP-Practitioner - 2012 (Praesto Training AB)
- Master Trainer Hypnosis - 2010 (Praesto Training AB)
- The Science of Happiness - 2015 (EDX Berkeley)
- Mental Sports Training - The Scandinavian Leadership University (Ledarskapshögskolan)
- Mental Training Counsellor - The Scandinavian Leadership University (Ledarskapshögskolan)
- Cognition studies - University of Skövde
- Unlocking Creativity: The North Alliance (13 agencies including: &Co, Åkestam Holst, and North Kingdom to name a few) Stockholm, 2020
- The All-Swedish Model for Optimizing Work Teams: Design Circus at Doberman Stockholm, 2018
- Sharing Ripples of Healing in Humanitarian Outreach: Association For Comprehensive Energy Psychology Conference Keynote 2018
- Emotional First Aid: Kitrinos Healthcare London Charity 2018
- Charisma in Sales: Swedish Broker Society 2017
- Team Peak Performance and Resilience: The Success Factors in The Dalkurd Model of Mental Training Using Speed Coaching, Hypnosis and a Prestigeless Development Algorithm in Heidelberg Mentales Stärken 2017
- Taming the Amygdala with TTT and Hypnosis - Heidelberg “When Words Are Not Enough” 2016
- International Psychotherapy Workshop on Unique Therapeutic Interventions for “Peak Performance and Trauma Management” in New Delhi 2016
- Hypnobirthing Techniques - BB Sophia, Sweden 2015
- Trauma Tapping in refugee care - Expo Medica Trauma Day 2014
- Dental Anxiety Relief - 9th National Conference on Hypnotherapy Indian Society of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis 2013
- Trauma Tapping Technique - 9th National Conference on Hypnotherapy Indian Society of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis 2013
- NLP & Hypnosis - 9th National Conference on Hypnotherapy Indian Society of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis 2013
- Advanced Presentation Skills for PhD Students at Karolinska Institutet 2014–2019
- The All-Swedish model for team performance with Dalkurd FF 2015–2017
- Havening Techniques trainings 2016–2019
- Speed inductions and speed coaching: 2016–2019
- Trauma care for liberated child soldiers in Congo through BVES: 2010-2019
- Stage presence for musicians and artists : Primoz Jazz Camp, Slovenia 2018
- Emotional Interventions in mixed therapy: Dr. Martin Brunck, Hannover 2018
- Making cold call sales work out: Valuecall AB, 2018
- Work/Life Balance and Stress Control: Doberman New York, 2018
- Stress and resilience for trauma with Dr Abu Hilal and Syria Bright Future in Gaziantep 2017
- Trauma Tapping and care for child headed households in Rwanda for Acord: 2017
- NLP in After Action Review: Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency 2017
- Stress and resilience for trauma in Lesbos, Lesbos Lighthouse Relief project 2016
- Inspiration: 30 Weeks - A Hyper Island Founders Program, New York, 2015
- Corporate Hypnosis: Your Majesty Co. New York, 2014